What other resources currently exist on this topic? Annotations encouraged but not necessary!
- Tips for Teaching and Learning Online from The Carpentries Community; Blog post
- Greg Wilson’s webinar on March 19, Teaching Online on Short Notice
- Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel’s webinar on March 24, Teaching R online with RStudio Cloud
- Jonah Duckles’ Free Workshops between March 20 and April 9 on Running Collaborative Online Meetings
- Elizabeth Wickes’ article, Tips for Live Teaching Tech Online
- Jason Bell’s webinar, Virtual Software Carpentry Workshops - key learnings to make it a success
- Laura Czerniewicz’ article, What We Learnt from Going Online
- Abby Cabunoc Mayes’ tips for online meetings
Corona Virus Tech Handbook’s Education section
Some more resources!
- CoronaVirus Tech Handbook’s Education section
- Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (University of Cape Town) Strategies for addressing unequal technological access - particularly the online survey
- Rick Reis’ article Ten Best Practices for Teaching Online
- Facebook page discussing teaching remotely STEM faculty blundering through remote teaching in a pandemic.
- Jenae Cohn and Beth Seltzer’s Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption for SIS and PWR
- Michelle Newhart. Eva Figueroa and Hugo Aguilera’s Teaching Effectively During Times of Disruption at Mt. SAC
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed’s collection of articles Corona Hits Campus
- Society for the Advancement of Biology Educational Resources Forum Best practices and tips for open-book, take-home exams.
Concurrently in development! Laura Acion, Paola Corrales, and Nico Palopoli are all involved in this online instructor training effort in Spanish: https://metadocencia.netlify.com
- Reflections on our first online programming workshop by Matt Williams
University of Cape Town Low Tech Remote Teaching Principles
Some more advice on online teaching from Greg Wilson: https://education.rstudio.com/blog/2020/03/online-teaching-qa/
A guide to creating and running virtual meetings and events: